Saturday, October 31, 2009

Trick or Treat!


Tonight was Halloween. As we have done in the past couple years, we celebrated my niece Bailey's 7th birthday. Complete with pizza, cake, presents, and trick-or-treating. Thank goodness for my awesome friend Nicole. She came to my rescue and lent me some costumes for my kids. With the week I had, there was little time for figuring that aspect of the day. With a rough start to the day, we were looking forward to a great night.
In addition to Karin's bunny costume, was a giant bruised goose-egg on her forehead, caused by me. She was coming out her door, I was going in, and the result was not good. At least it upset her enough to get some good rest before we went out tonight.
Poor baby. I felt terrible.
But if you know Karin, she bounces (literally) back to normal in an amazing way.

Jeffrey, my little sweet pea! He is so yummy :)

My beautiful sister, Nora.

Here was Bailey opening up her presents.
Karin and Austin had to help her out.

Jeffrey fell asleep right before we left for trick-or-treating. He woke up about half-way and finished like a champ. He loves being outside. Typical boy. :)

Sweet Bailey showing off her loot.

My mom and Jeffrey cuddled for a few minutes after we were done. This was about 3 minutes before his major meltdown that lasted until we got home.
I think maybe he had enough excitement for one night.
Jerome and I, however, were very excited because we got to raid their candy bags after they were in bed.

The best thing about Halloween for me, is to know that we are getting closer to Christmas.
I can be quite festive.
If you have been to my house since the middle of September, you would have seen my Fall Tree. In actuality, it is my Christmas tree, decked out in fall decorations and lights.
It stays that way until Thanksgiving, where it turns back into my red (of course) and gold Christmas tree. I am sure it looks a little surprising to see a tree up in the middle of Autumn. But I REALLY like it.
Thats all that counts, right?

I want to illuminate memories that my children will always cherish. I hope it brings forth a magical sense to their little imaginations.
Oh, how I adore their innocence.
There is nothing sweeter.

No comments:

Post a Comment