Friday, October 30, 2009

Payback


When I was a small child, and I was angry with my mom, I would write her notes instead of talking. The first note would usually say "I hate you" while it was thrown at her. The one following a couple of minutes later would be, "I'm sorry, I don't really hate you, I am just so mad!" Of course, I am appalled at my behavior! How horrible is that? I am sure it had to hurt her feelings. I am so sorry mom! She likes to jokingly remind me of this time and time again, saying one day it will happen to me. Today was that day...

Tonight while trying to put Karin to bed, she decided to talk back to me. Something I do NOT tolerate in my house. So the natural consequence for her, was to not have Jerome read her any books before bed. Harsh, I know. :)
So after the crying stopped, and all was quiet, I went to tuck her into bed. This was how I conversation went:

Me: "I love you, baby."
Karin: Silence.
Me: "You're not going to tell me you love me? Say, love you mommy."
Karin: Silence.
Me: "Do you love mommy?"
Karin: "no."
Me: "Are you mad at mommy?"
Karin: "yup."

Payback stinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment