Thursday, November 5, 2009

Update


My sweet baby Karin and I.

Well, I got my results from my biopsies of my scope last week. Turns out, as we expected, that I do have Eosinophilic Esophagitis. I am so relieved to finally know what has plagued me for so long, and am looking forward to feeling better.

Karin is doing great right now. She had finally gained 2 pounds when we went to her Allergist a couple weeks ago. I was so happy! She had been the same weight for at least 5 months.
Every couple of weeks, she introduces another food into her diet for a trial. Her body is doing so well with it. She has been weaned from all of her EE medication, and now just takes medication for her Asthma.

This afternoon, Karin and I built a big castle with her blocks. We were both very quiet concentrating on finding the perfect place for the next block.
If I seemed stuck, Karin would offer, "Right here, Mommy!"
My favorite was when she would rub my arm gently, put her head on my shoulder,
and say, "I love you, Mommy"

(Sigh)...

Those are the sweetest moments. I hope they never end.


And the BIG news of the week:
My sister and I witnessed Jeffrey sitting up for the first time. I had to take a picture so people would believe me. And she is not holding him up!
Go Jeffrey!

No comments:

Post a Comment