Thursday, November 12, 2009

Sad


Tonight I am sad. I had a wonderful day with my kids. A peaceful night followed, but brought with it a time of reflection. A nice way to spend a quiet night for me is to watch a few episodes of different TV series. I have been watching a particular series for quite some time now. It is what I look forward to when all is settled. So tonight, all alone, I watched my show in anticipation. But in the show I am watching, someone suddenly passed away, and the lives involved were rocked. Knowing it was fiction, I tried to reason a way to think past it, but eventually became engaged. I was sad. To say I was sad may be an understatement. I cried. For 2 episodes! The thing that struck me the most was watching a mother grieve for her child. She was upset, but when told she was an inspiration for her strength, she responded "Jesus Christ is my strength." I know this strength. I had to use it many times for many grievances, particularly with death. My Lord has had to pick me up many times, from things I could not move past on my own. How thankful I am. Losing a child would be the utmost hardest thing for me. My parents lost a child, and I am sure there are days that they still ache for her warm body. I hope to never experience their type of grief. However, God has blessed them in all ways imaginable to bring honor to her death. She opened in their lives, the possibility in caring for children in her same condition. Which in turn, blessed my heart and opened my eyes to the same. I would not be same person I am today, were it not for hardship. And I know, my God would not bring me this far to let me down. He will be with me always. Through the good and the bad; Through new life, and life taken away. So even though I am sad, and may remain so until tomorrow, I know while I sleep, my Jesus will give me strength for tomorrow. Thank you, God.

No comments:

Post a Comment