Monday, November 23, 2009

Sick


Not a very fun week. My kids are sick and I am sick. I think that may be the worst combination. It started Wednesday with Karin's ever-so-slight cough. I knew it. Maybe it was my few years worth of mommy intuition, but I knew she was sick, or at least headed that way. My intuition was verified that night when she woke up crying, coughing, and sounding horrible. I felt terrible for her. I was hoping the worst would be over by the weekend, but it was not. After a trip to urgent care on Saturday, a double ear infection was confirmed. Ouch! She was very happy to see a doctor to help make her ears feel better. Then, to make matters worse, Jeffrey and Baby G. were full blown sick by that night. Got to love those germs. That same night (which seemed like forever), my body gave into the war as well. So here on Monday, not one is better yet. But, we are trying to keep our spirits up. I have Christmas music blaring on the radio, and it is seeming to keep everyone happy. I love the holidays. I hope we are all up and kicking by Thanksgiving. It is always a great start to Christmas. :)
By the way, the picture above is of Karin last Thanksgiving. Our very silly family decided to dress up as either Pilgrims or Indians. Karin was my little Pilgrim girl. She looked adorable. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment