Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Big Day!

Today is a big day...
My very sweet daughter has completed both required tasks of potty training.
What a big girl. :)
I am so very proud of her.
If you want to meet a doting mom, that is me this very moment.
This is her accomplishment.
And she knows it!

Big things with my children always makes my mind wander a bit. My children are ever-changing. Jeffrey has started eating cereal this week, and is loving it. Baby G. is taking big leaps of development each month, and now Karin has mastered the Potty. It's a blessing to watch your children grow as they need to, and see how they shine individually. It can be a reminder too. That these children are entrusted to me for such a short time. It is my job to teach and help them along their paths, so that they become the young adults God has destined them to be. My husband and I are often asked how many children we would like to have. As easy as this question is, it can be a difficult one to answer. Our desires may be different than other families when it comes to kids. We are on the ride of lives right now, and are just sailing along with stride. We are waiting patiently for another foster child, and would gladly accept one any day. And, as far as natural children, God willing, we are not done that way either. I used to think in numbers what our family would comprise of, but now a number wouldn't be the right way describe us. We will have naturally or otherwise, the specific children that are supposed to be in our family, regardless of a number. For I live for big days like this. Its what drives me to get up each day and care for our children, with all that I have. And I would love to be the witness of many more days like this.

That is my desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment