Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Time flies when you are having fun!




My Lukey baby turned 6 months old yesterday. 6 months. 6 months?! Where did the time go? The time seems to fly by faster and faster the older I get. Karin has been anxious to grow up now, and be an adult. She wants to be able to drive, be as tall as I am, own a dog, go grocery shopping, and have babies. Is she my daughter or what?

Tonight before cooking the kids dinner, we (the kids and I) watched the documentary Babies. I have watched this before and fell in love with it. I love the eye opening cultural differences in each family, and the base of each baby following the same trend. Like throwing fits, some which are hilarious I must say. Anyways, my children were captivated. They not once made a comment about the babies breastfeeding, probably because it is old news in this house. It doesn't even phase them anymore. We watched the entire film, and Karin wanted to play it again. I love that girl. We of course did not, and proceeded with our normal night routine. A routine that ultimately led me upstairs to my favorite place, where I can watch a baby sleep next to me.

Luke has been a fun one to observe so far. He is a great mix of the others' personality traits. He is active and social like Karin, yet tough and sensitive like Jeff. He has had issues with gas, but has not seemed to struggle with the same tummy issues as his siblings. This for obvious reasons seems to make an overall happier baby. Plus, he could not have come at a better time in my life. I found out I was pregnant with him at one of the most difficult times in my life. He was my gift. I believe that with all of my heart. These past 6 months with him have been almost like a dream. I thank God for him every day.

Now on a funny note....while finishing up this post, Karin had to come inform me that her legs hurt, and that she is probably growing big like me....I'm telling you, I can't even make this stuff up. She must have known I was talking about her. Oh, my children. My life would be so boring without them.

1 comment:

  1. Hannah is dying to grow up too! She wants to drive and be tall and hang Christmas lights and cook hot things and she wants to be five because she says that's when your big enough for your teeth to fall out so the grown up teeth can grow in

    ReplyDelete