Thursday, February 11, 2010

uh-oh!

Children are prone to accidents. It is a fact of life.
My children, however, seem to get a little help from me.
Not only do I tend to be a clumsy at times,
it seems to have rubbed off onto my children.
Of course, then there are the times that they
are simply in the cross-fire.
I am so sorry about that!
Like once, when Karin was just a tiny baby,
I was holding her while brushing my hair.
After about the 4th stroke,
the brush hit her right on the head.
Oh my gosh, it still breaks my heart! We cried together.
That was just the beginning...
I did it again last night.
Karin was getting her nighttime
breathing treatment for her Asthma,
before needing to go to bed.
She had twisted her face mask that
holds the medicine in so many circles
so it was not even on her face.
It is not unusual for her to find creative ways to pass
the time in the 10 minutes she has to keep her mask on.
So of course, with a little help from me,
I proceeded to take one side of string
that holds it behind her head,
so I could get it back to a normal position.
With it being wound up so tightly,
it sprang with fury along side her cheek.
It sounded like a whip hitting a horse's side.
And then a scream broke out.
A scream that lasted about as long as it
takes for her treatment to get done.
I felt horrible!
A million apologies, and a Cinderella
printed ice-pack helped to make it feel better.
And now today, the painful mark is still there.
As well as my guilty feelings!
But I have heard all day:
"No! My cheek feels all better!"
"Look, its all better!"
Which has helped.
Thank God for a 3 year old tolerance level.
If I had done that to my husband,
I am sure I would not be able to live it down.
Although...
I would always have the upper-hand
comeback about the time
he dropped a television on my foot.
THAT story another time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment