Saturday, February 6, 2010

Special Reunion...




My Jeffrey is a very special type of "mama's boy."
I use this term in the best way possible.
I think it's the sweetest part about having a boy.
I usually would try to sleep at this time,
but became inspired to write about him on a whim
after a night out with my wonderful friend, Nicole.
I enjoy my time alone.
I find it keeps me sane and healthy.
I left my children in the trusty hands of my husband tonight to get a little recharging.
Dinner and a movie later....
Nicole and I were wondering what may be waiting for us upon returning home.
(Nicole, I hope you were able to go right to bed, without interruption!)
I, however, had an unexpected surprise when I got home.
Jeffrey.
I walked through the door, and heard nothing.
Of course, this is where I silently breathed a sigh of relief
knowing everyone survived without needing me!
But.... I think as a mom, there is always a but....
after slowly taking a few steps past my door, my heels gave way of my return.
I turned the corner to go down the hall, and got a glimpse of him.
In my husband's arms, desperately trying
to prove to himself that indeed I was home.
All it took was a split-second glance before the most pathetic, sweetest whine came out of his mouth.
It was drenched with sorrow and relief both at the same time.
Once safe and sound in my arms, all was right with the world again.
I will miss these times.
I am sure my sweet boy will not be greeting me
with such enthusiasm when he is 16.
But maybe, just maybe, that little "mama's boy" will be hiding in there somewhere deep inside.
Somewhere he will always know that I love him more than I even know,
and maybe, somehow....
he will still think I am the best thing in the entire world. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment