Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Perfect

(my silly little monkeys!)

Perfection and beauty are subjective, I have found. I love my job. It is the greatest in the world. I am a nurse, yet able to work at home with my very medically involved foster children. There is nothing that suits me better. I feel so blessed that I have met so many wonderful people that I would have not in other circumstances. And of course, I get to make a difference (hopefully!) in the life of a child. Especially a child who no other person would want or could take care of. It is a challenge for me, and I am growing in so many ways.

As consumed as this world is with perfection, my world is consumed with imperfection. My foster children have imperfections... literally. They have body parts that cannot function normally like mine do. There are machines and equipment used regularly to help them move through their daily life. This is a necessity, not a luxury. It brings my perception back down to earth. Though I do not have a perfect body, at least I have working legs to help me walk, and arms that can easily stretch over my head. I can breathe with ease, and am able to see all the vibrant colors that this world offers. I cannot say this for my children. But they are wonderfully happy, and bring such beauty to my life. They were made to be exactly how they are, including their limitations. They are perfect to me.

2 comments:

  1. you are just so amazing it's wonderful. you are such an insperation to so many people. It's a great reminder that one person really can make a difference in this world!

    ReplyDelete