Monday, February 8, 2010

A long day!





OK....
I survived today. I had my questionable moments, but am glad now it is almost over. Jeffrey was a champ today. That boy never ceases to amaze me. He is beautiful, and I swear he knows it. It must be because I tell him several times a day. :)
He has the most gorgeous eyes I have ever seen. Today he was flirting with all the nurses. He does it better than any baby I have encountered. All it takes are those eyes and his dimples.
He slept the worst off at home and was back to normal after he woke up. I am looking forward to getting the results by the end of the week.
I did pretty well when he was put under. Luckily, with scopes, the parents are able to be with the child through that process, and then you are there when they wake up. In the past with Karin, I had a much harder time. I absolutely love my children's GI doctor (and good thing I do, because all 4 see her!), so it was easier leaving him in her hands. She is very respectful of the emotions of a mother. She knows that it can be hard to leave them.
Besides that, I think my emotional state drove me into exhaustion today. With sick kids all last week, and this morning, I think my body had about enough. Sleep is already a challenge with the set-up we have here at home, let alone other factors influencing it. If I was allowed, I probably could have slept through this evening into tomorrow morning.
Well enough complaining...
I am thankful for my husband's help. If it weren't for him being by my side this morning, bringing lunch home this afternoon, and helping with the kids this evening, I think I would still be trying to get everything done. Thanks honey! And, of course I can't forget to mention all of the help my Karin provides. She loves to help me clean the house... seriously. I think it started because I was very overwhelmed one day, and told her if she helped me clean the house, she would earn a piece of candy (Thank goodness for Smarties!). So she did, and ever since she loves to help me clean just for fun. I still treat her once in a while. :) So this evening, we put on music, and swept through the house like old pros. I swear, that girl knows where everything goes.
As for my other sweet children.... have I mentioned how much I love them?? I know I am not able to publicly post anything about them, but know that they are every bit a part of our family as our natural born kids. We are actually moving towards adopting one of them, so once that happens, she will be included in my blog. That will be a very special day.

1 comment: