Saturday, March 13, 2010

To my Children....

I am a woman, and very proud to be. Tonight I was looking at pictures of my sweet children. This has made me a little emotional, which I accept fully. So, I thought instead of letting it slip away, I thought I had better take advantage of it, and write my sweet babies a little letter. Here goes:

To my natural born children,
I love you with all of my heart, literally. Sometimes it breaks for you, for both good and bad things. You are a part of me that I cannot separate from. Even though you both have your own bodies and little spirits now, I feel as though we are still woven together through some beautiful unexplained connection. I hope you both know how much I adore you. I delight in even the smallest thing if it is done from you. My heart beats faster if I know I am going to be reunited with you after the smallest break. You are my life. You drive me to become a better mother and woman everyday. Though I long to teach you, you have taught me more than I even knew possible. My life changed Karin, when I saw your sweet face. And again, Jeffrey, my world was opened up even more when your spirit came into this world. I never imagined I could love like that again. No matter what we go through, you both have touched my life so deep it is even hard to put into words. Just know this... when you sleep, I watch over you; when you wake, I am with you; years from now, you will always have a soft place to fall. I love you.
Mom

To my sweet foster girls who needed a mom,
You both have no idea how much meaning you gave my life. I have waited for you for a long time, even when I did not know it. You are meant to be in my house. I am meant to be your mom, even if for a short time. You have brought out the qualities I never knew I had inside of me. You have made it easy to love you. I know I never carried you inside of my body; I was not the first one who saw your face, or held your fragile frame. But I am the one who is here now. I will provide all that you need, for as long as I am needed. You will always be in my heart. You will always have a home. You will always have a mom. I love you very much.
Mom

2 comments:

  1. Betsy! You are an amazing writer! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh Betsy that was so sweet! all 4 of your sweet babes are so lucky to have you! and you are so lucky to have them! They are such sweet and wonderful kids!

    ReplyDelete